IZArc is capable of handling almost all Zip file types namely-7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BZ2, BZA, CAB, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MBF, MIM, PAK, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO and lot more.
You can create zip files of formats like zip, 7z, bza, tar.bz2, cab, jar, lha, tar, tar.g2 and yz1. Out of these I like 7Z as it offers maximum compression ratio but compression ratio may change with type of file compressed. IZArc also features secure encryption in form of .ize files. By using the encryption tool, you can secure any data on your computer with 256 bit encryption.You can run IZArc from command line if you wish.You can download command line version here.
You can see a screen shot by clicking here.
Why I recommend IZArc.
- It supports almost all zip file types.
- You need not use different programs to handle different file types
- Excellent integration with Windows shell and Windows explorer.
- Supports drag and drop.
- You can creat Zip files in a variety of formats.
- Spyware or adware free.
- Very fast.
- IzArc can integrate with your existing Antivirus program(You will have to configure it)