If you are looking just for a spell checker TheSage is not for you, instead you can try tinySpell. TheSage is powerful enough that you will hate using a dictionary any more. The new version has an improved interface which makes the navigation easy.
TheSage can look up words directly from almost any program like IE, Word, Firefox, Outlook, Thunderbird and more.This is accomplished by selecting the relevant word in the appropriate program and by pressing TheSage's Hotkey. TheSage will then read the word and carry out a lookup automatically.By default, TheSage's hotkey is CTRL + SHIFT + A but users can chose whatever combination they prefer via the 'Word capture' page in the Options dialog.
TheSage's dictionary has an amazing resource of
- Multiple detailed definitions (+210,000).
- Examples of usage (+50,000).
- Phonetic transcriptions (+70,000).
- Encyclopedic information (geographical, historical, political,...).
- Academic knowledge (medicine, biology,...)
- The thesaurus comprises of
- Synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, meronyms, holonyms,...
- Approximately 1,400,000 relationships between definitions.